The official new blog of Chin Ga Mei ;) I'll blog about what I ate, what i cooked, what i shopped, what I did and simply just any random thoughts of mine. Stay tune ♥
RSS

Ampang Korean Food

Went Ampang with Jerry yesterday and we had really awesome Korean food for the whole day ~ It is actually my second visit to Korean Village. The first time we had pretty awesome Korean BBQ and bought some Korean snacks as well. Yesterday, we stopped by at Ampang Point and shopped around. Then we had some korean snacks first.

 Korean sushi~ not bad though but I miss Yea Sun's mom sushi with Bulgogi inside! Yums~


This is a major letdown, Korean Seafood Pancake with a tad too thick batter. And the condiments were so damn little! I only tasted spring onions and a few bits of squid =.= Even the one in the Korean Restaurant in Miri tasted much better.
After wandering around in Ampang Point, we decide to walk to the Korean Village. But damn! It started to rain T.T So we went to Old Town to have some ice blended hazelnut coffee ( yums~ )  and waited for the rain to stop.The rain stopped at 6 something then we walked to Korean Village and looked around~
The Korean Village~ basically it's just some shop lots with lotsa korean restaurants and korean marts. There is a cafe and bakery called Provence Bakery operated by a korean guy. The interior is very comfy and they sell mouth-watering breads~ I went there on my first visit to Korean Village so I went back again to grab something before it closed. 

Then, we walked around in the Korean marts and found a lot interesting snacks and canned food ( all imported from korea of course ) and we saw canned silk pupa =.= yucks ! I was tempted to buy some kimchi to make kimchi ji gae but then I'm going back Miri soon so I didn't buy any T.T

It is very hard for us to decide which restaurant to dine coz all of them are selling the same food! The one that we went last time was quite good ( the first shop from the left in the picture above ) but then we wanted to go for something new. So we wandered around and see which shop has more customers. At last we decided to go to the shop beside the shop that we visited last time.

The food is nice! And their meat is really fresh. They sliced their meat on the spot with a machine once the customers placed an order. They have this chiller-displaying-thing to let you choose the meat yourself. We ordered one portion of thinly sliced pork belly and one portion of lamb ribs. Then out of curiosity, I ordered the pork soup with pig face meat and stuffed pork sausage. The thing that impressed us most is that the Bangladesh staff jotted down our order in Korean words! WTF betul, they can speak korean somemore. Now, let the pictures do the talking.
hot burning charcoal placed underneath the metal plate

Firstly, the staff glazed the metal plate with the onion, the placed the pork belly piece by piece. They're like bacon with no seasoning. 
Our table which is full of condiments! They are bottomless actually and I kept asking for more kimchi and lettuce XD
Lamb ribs! My favourite !

The way of eating korean bbq is, take a piece lettuce, pick a piece of meat and dip it into your choice of sauce and add your choice of condiment. I like to add spring onions, kimchi and some garlic :) Then wrap it up and eat! Sluuuurrppssss ~ ~

There come the soup. It's steaming hot so I didn't really manage to take clear picture of it. It is actually a DIY soup. The soup came with no seasoning and you have to season it yourself. They gave us seasoning salt, fermented shrimps ( the one you need to make kimchi ), chopped spring onions and chili paste. The soup is quite good but nothing impressive. I still prefer kimchi ji gae~ my all time favourite to go with rice =)

We had a very satisfied meal and we were bloated! The bill came up with RM 59 which is think is quite worth it. I can't wait to explore more restaurants in Korean Village next time when I get back to KL =) Switzerland doesn't have korean food T___________T

No comments:

Post a Comment